Monday, August 22, 2011

letting go of the excess baggage and "reset"-ing

last weekend, i had a long list of things to do: finish up my researches, pay sun bill, study for the exam...and the list goes on and on. 

but i was only able to do one thing.

i reformatted my computer.  by myself, but with the help of my brother in law.

it was a very "free-ing" exercise.  i was forced to review all the files that i had in  my laptop and ended up deleting them all. yes, even those movies (in my life, 50 first dates, my big fat greek wedding, but at the back of my mind i knew i could download them again), the go-sing application with all the songs, the skype and YM application to chat with friends, the i tunes application with all the MP3s.  in the end, all i had in my tera-byte external drive were the precious pictures and the researches at hand.

if i could do this with my life, get rid of all the baggage, reset myself once in the while, or at least defrag myself periodically, i think life would have less angst.  as a co-fellow put it, life would be much easier if we would not over analyze.  or in my head, end up being pack-rats, paying homage to really unnecessary things that we think make us happy, but end up being excess baggage, slowing us down, or taking us away from the things we really deem important.

as a result, i now have a faster laptop.  it feels lighter too.

i wish my life could be like this.  besides, i need the speed given that i only have 6 months to go in this current exercise. what's MORE... in 9 days, the -ber months will come rolling in.

life is so fast, there is fear in closing my eyes.  once i open them i might find myself living the future.  but then again, i am excited to move on to the next chapter.  with just the necessary baggage in hand. :)

4 comments:

  1. wow! 6 months nalang! :) congrats in advance. dropping unneccessary baggage is so hard to start...but when you do...parang ooooh it's so fun pala. AHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga pota malapit na mag -ber.

    ReplyDelete
  3. botd: agree. it is like stepping out of the wardrobe you don't realize that you hated.

    will: yes. christmas yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ang ganda! swear! i need this! like may bumaggage sakin today. super babaw pero nakakabaggage siya. haha it's a verb now.

    ReplyDelete